Journey Senior Living at Ankeny | Iowa
Journey Senior Living of Ankeny is an Assisted Living and Memory Care community serving Ankeny, Iowa and surrounding communities. We provide the ideal solution for seniors who value their independence but may require some assistance with activities of daily living.
Opened November 2016. Journey Senior Living of Ankeny will offer a safe and secure environment for our residents with a loving and compassionate staff all with the focus of providing a dignified lifestyle.
A Wellness Strategy focused on individual needs and partnerships with clinical specialists, provide our residents the opportunity to have a fulfilled life that encourages enrichment of mind, body and spirit.
“I just spoke with my mom, and I can honestly say I haven’t heard her this happy in years. In just over a week, you have made a major difference in her life. A simple smile, pat on the shoulder, or “how you doing Mary?” can make her day.
Sometimes I have tremendous guilt for living in another state while my mom worsens. But, knowing how happy she is now with people at Journey that actually care about her, is giving me peace of mind.
I know so often people only email or write to complain. This is the opposite. I wanted to say thank you for caring about the people that live at Journey. You truly make a difference in their lives. ”Sarah Walters
Journey Senior Living of Ankeny
We also offer our residents the following amenities:
You will find many home-like qualities
- A variety of private apartment layout options
- Kitchenette, refrigerator, & microwave
- Ample closet space
- Individually controlled heating and A/C
- All utilities included (except long distance)
- Maintenance services provided
AMENITIES & SERVICES
Comforting arrangements to help fulfill your day
- Three delicious, nutritious meals
- Health monitoring & nursing assessments
- Assistance with daily living
- Restaurant style dining served three times a day prepared by our chef
- Wellness Strategy focused on individual needs
- 24-hour care staff on-site
- Programs set up by life enrichment director
- Medication reminders and oversight
- Beauty salon and spa services
- Wireless emergency pendents
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Concierge desk to assist with scheduled transportation
SHARED COMMUNITY SPACE
Lighting your way to interaction and exploration
- Lobby, lounge, and other visiting areas
- Spacious dining room & private dining area
- Enrichment rooms for activities, crafts, fitness,
library, computer and recreation
- Outdoor lounge area & spacious courtyards
TRANSITIONAL CARE PROGRAM
Our Transitional Care Program was created to cater to the needs of the senior who is in need of additional care and assistance when transitioning between a hospital stay and returning to their home environment.
The time that an individual will utilize the Transitional Care Program will vary based on individual care needs so we offer a per diem rate as opposed to a monthly rate.
Transitional Care Base Program – $50/day
- Fully Furnished Apartment
- 3 Nutritious & Delicious Meals
- Home environment assessed for safety by a licensed therapist
- Individual Care Plan created based on home assessment results to ensure a successful return to home
- Medication oversight/reminders to ensure compliance and comfort with medication regime
- Assistance with scheduling of follow up physician visits
- Assistance with scheduling of follow up lab work
- Participation in physician prescribed therapy services – Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Cardiac Therapy
- Free WiFi
- Cable TV
- Use of all community amenities including Beauty Salon, Lounge Areas, Library, Computer Room, Concierge Services, Beautiful Spacious Courtyards
- Access to Daily Community Activities
- 24 Hour care staff onsite
- Weekly follow up by our Wellness Director for 30 Days after returning to home environment
If the need for Transitional Care exceeds 30 days, then the rates will transfer to monthly fees for Room & Board